This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tech Boner

Not sure why I didn't catch this earlier, but my pal Derrick Hammond has been making some serious headway on his Hellchick 2.0 model.

The coolest thing about Derrick's approach to this is that it's not a verbatim copy of my old concept; he's actually designing, modifying and improving as he goes.  He has a feel for detail distribution, plane breaks and depth variation.  I have immense respect for 3D modelers who are artists in their own right.  Kenneth Scott, Vitaly Bulgarov, Djordje Cakovan, etc.  It's a pleasure knowing all these guys, because they get it.

Thanks for the tech boner, Derrick -- gets me excited about doing dark scifi again.  Now finish her!

1 comment:

Vrav said...

Yeah, that does look awesome. Thanks for the link! Naked demon woman + techy armor = awesome.

I really enjoy technical stuff but haven't been really able to wrap my head around it until recently. I think looking at how other artists do it helps. There is nothing to see at my blog now, ha ha, but maybe soon.